African Garden + winter

Foliage Followup & GBBD combo

Fuschia I-lost-the-taggia and Oxalis

I'm late for Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day (hosted by Carol of May Dreams Gardens ) because I was waiting for the Fuschia to bloom. (All right, I confess, it was a bit more than that; I had a very busy weekend, and this week will be just as busy.) Waiting had an additional bonus, as the 'Lydia' Tulips I forced have started blooming.

I'm on time for Foliage Followup, hosted by Pam of Digging. I know people look down their collective noses at Thujas, but I really like them, especially a mixed hedge of them.

This is Thuja occidentalis 'Yellow Ribbon' with 'Elegantissima.' In the Midwest winter garden, every bit of color helps. By the way, Happy Mardi Gras, Shrove Tuesday, Martedi Grasso, or Paczki Day!