African Garden + time

Last Week's Photo of the Week: honeysuckle
Lonicera periclymenum 'Winchester'

The hummingbirds are very happy now, the honeysuckle is in bloom. No, this isn't the nasty, invasive Lonicera halliana, but a very well-behaved vine. It grows 15 to 20 feet (don't know what I'll do to support it when it hits 6.5'.) I have it growing up the chain-link fence in the southeast corner of the garden, which abuts my neighbors' wooden fence. The weathered wood looks all the better for the moss and lichens it sports.

I haven't been online much recently because I've been online recently, planning a trip this summer to England. I'm ever so excited, but planning has been challenging because there's so much I'd like to see, but not enough time to see everything. So I've been trying to figure out how to get the most out of what time we will have, and then making the arrangements. The girl's Irish dancing has also been taking up a lot of time this year, as we've been going to as many nearby (if you can call Indianapolis nearby) competitions as possible. And then there's all the running around dropping off and picking up the boy from summer school and art classes. Let's not forget the mulch pile on the driveway and the copious supply of weeds waiting to be pulled. I'm bound to catch up in September, hopefully.