African Garden + time

The Five-Year Blogaversary
A goldfinch munches on a seed from a coneflower (Echinacea purpurea) in the long border at Squirrelhaven.

Mr. McGregor's Daughter, the blog, turns five years old tomorrow. In honor of this blogging milestone (not as long as some, longer than others) and inspired by the "Top 5" lists in the John Cusack movie High Fidelity, I will finally do a series of Top 5 posts about a myriad of things, including Top 5 plants that attract wildlife, Top 5 shade perennials, Top 5 plants for drought, and (a really tough one) Top 5 gardens I've visited. I welcome any challenges to anything on my lists. In fact, I look forward to them as a way to find even better plants, gardens, etc.
In the meantime, I want to thank all those who have visited and/or commented over the years. I have been flattered, challenged and touched.