African Garden + work

It's... * The Incredible Shrinking MeMe!

I've been tagged by Rose of Ramble on Rose to do a "things about me" meme. Last time I did this, nearly two years ago, it was 8 things. Somebody must have thrown it in the dryer, because now it's down to 7 things. I don't usually do memes because that's too much like homework, but:1. I firmly believe that a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds. So even if I say "never," it means "probably never, but possibly, maybe someday." But don't think that means that I will ever like orange or have orange flowers in my garden. One must have some standards. (I do make an exception for orange autumnal foliage.)

Anemone x hybrida 'Andrea Atkinson'
2. I'm thoroughly obsessed with the right brain/left brain test to which Gail of Clay and Limestone linked in her MeMe post. I had thought I was left brained, but somewhere along the line I became completely right brained. Should I be worried?
3. I love books. I love books so much that the title of this blog is a literary reference. Love of books relates directly to the next thing.
4. I am a SciFi/fantasy geek. I devour such books. I've read the entire "Dune" series including all the prequels and sequels written by Frank Herbert's son. Frank Herbert created some of the best female characters in fiction, and the best in SciFi, and they don't even dress as bimbos. I've also seen every episode of the original Star Trek series and of Star Trek: The Next Generation (TNG for you non-Trekkies), most of the episodes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Voyager. (I didn't see any of Enterprise. I'm not sure why.) I've also seen all of the Star Trek movies, and even own a few. (The best is Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan.) But don't expect to see me dressed as a Klingon warrior babe at a Comic-Con. I've never been to one. Yet.

Hylotelephium (Sedum) 'Matrona'
5. I am on a committee at my library that is in charge of selecting artists and displaying the artwork of local artists. I frequent local art shows looking for two-dimensional work for the gallery in the library. Each artist's work is displayed for a two-month show, including a reception with hors d'oeuvres and sparkling cider (no booze allowed at library functions). I'm in awe of the number of talented people in the Chicago area working in paint, photography, needlework, and mixed media.
6. There is no Number 6.Just kidding. "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" When I make obscure references, such as these, *they usually relate to Monty Python. I started watching Monty Python's Flying Circus when I was 11. That should explain everything. (Well, that and Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman and Fernwood 2-Night and Soap.)

Heptacodium miconiodes
7. I'm taking a garden welding class at the community college this fall. I'm not sure if me with a blowtorch is a good idea, as I am notoriously accident-prone. Maybe I should have signed up for a painting class instead.I'm supposed to tag 7 other people, but I don't like to play by the rules. If anyone wants me to tag them, let me know & I'll add it to this post.