African Garden + work

10/10/10 -Becoming the Greenwoman

10/10/10 sounds like the scores at a diving competition back when the judges held up scorecards, the perfect 10. So in honor of the date, I'm unveiling my new garden sculpture. Is it a perfect 10? It's hard to judge one's own work, as I see all the flaws and imperfections, but seeing it in the garden, it's as close to perfect as can be.

It's not completely finished, it needs a bit of sanding and polishing.

The welding marks will fade, the metal will rust, and the vision will be complete.

I was inspired by Bernini's "Apollo and Daphne" at the Borghese Museum in Rome, but instead of Daphne fleeing something, she's joyfully becoming an oak tree, turning into the Greenwoman.

So I've combined Greek and Celtic mythology (the Green Man) to find a deeper meaning about the interconnectedness of life, the joy of plants and gardens, and becoming one with the planet.