African Garden + good

LAPCPADPOUB

This post is to support Happy Mouffetard of The Inelegant Gardener in her quest not to become the Crazy Cat Lady.

eddie van halen, crazy cat lady, the simpsons

[Sorry, but I can't change the following (see famous look-a-like faces.)] The above acronym stands for "Let's all post cat photos and dire poetry on our blogs." Today is the day, so here goes. I do not have a cat, nor do any of my neighbors, so I scoured my archives and found one photo:

That's VIS's aunt's cat Ollie, the only one brave enough to venture out when the kids go visit. He's a beautiful, all black, ball of fur. So in honor of Ollie and Halloween, I offer the following poem:
Wanted - A Witch's Cat
Wanted - a witch's cat.
Must have vigor and spite,
Be expert at hissing,
And good in a fight,
And have balance and poise
On a broomstick at night.

Wanted - a witch's cat.
Must have hypnotic eyes
To tantalize victims
And mesmerize spies,
And be an adept
At scanning the skies.

Wanted - a witch's cat,
With a sly, cunning smile,
A knowledge of spells,
And a good deal of guile,
With a fairly hot temper
And plenty of bile.

Wanted - a witch's cat,
Who's not afraid to fly,
For a cat with strong nerves
The salary's high
Wanted - a witch's cat;
Only the best need apply.
Shelagh McGee
I don't know how dire that poem is and it doesn't quite fit Ollie's personality, but he looks the part.