African Garden + welding tools

Three For Thursday
Ceratotheca triloba

For Nan Ondra, of Hayefield House, who sent me the seeds, the first bloom of Ceratotheca triloba, the South African foxglove. It's an annual, which makes my delay in getting it settled in a large container completely inexcusable. At least it bloomed before a killing frost.

For Helen, of Toronto Gardens, who wondered whether the Heptacodium calyxes were showy from a distance.

Heptacodium miconiodes with calyxes

I hope that's from far enough away. If not, I'll take another photo.

For Monica, the Garden Faerie, who asked to see the welding tools I used to make my sculpture.

For cutting it out, the plasma cutter,

and for adding detail and putting it together, the welder. The welders are in little cubicles with curtains to shield the eyes of those not welding. I forgot to take photos of the helmet for plasma cutting and the helmet for welding. They are different. The welding helmet is bigger, heavier and darker.

Three for Thursday is the brain child of Cindy at From My Corner of Katy.