African Garden + Weather

A Light Frosting

Yes, the food overload from Thanksgiving yesterday is still affecting my brain. The first snow of the season has arrived and stuck around a bit. The above photo is from yesterday morning, but most of that snow is still here. (And no, I didn't get the leaves picked up out front. That has to wait until it gets above freezing tomorrow.) In the south suburbs of Chicago, where I went for the Thanksgiving gathering, there was no snow. I'm not sure where the line is, but that area is clearly a half zone warmer than the Northwest suburbs (Zone 5b v. 5a).
No Mall for me today. I don't like shopping at the best of times, so it's a good day to stay home and regroup between Holiday activities. It's also a good time to reflect on all I have for which to be thankful. Here's a top 5, in no particular order:
1. Family and friends2. Health3. The rains of August4. The opening of a new trail connecting a park and forest preserve property5. My digital camera. I got it for Christmas last year. It's not the best camera (not even an SLR), but it's good enough. In this life, one must be satisfied with that. Put another way, by the Rolling Stones, "You can't always get what you want. And if you try sometime you find you get what you need."