African Garden + rose hips

Did I Say I Didn't Like Orange?
autumnal tints of Cornus kousa

Let me qualify that statement. I don't like orange in winter, spring and summer, but in autumn, I love it. There are the usual suspects, the turned leaves, such as those of the Cornus kousa (above) which resemble tongues of flame, as well as the varying hues of Cotinus coggygria 'Ancot' (Golden Spirit smokebush)

and the subtle shades of Heucherella 'Sunspot'.

The chartreuse foliage of Heucherella 'Sunspot' turns a peachy shade.

I don't even mind if they clash with the blooms.

Geranium 'Bob's Blunder'

But beyond leaves, there are other orange delights in the autumn garden,

Rosa 'Carefree Beauty' with faded blooms of Symphyotrichum oblongifolium 'October Skies'

such as the hips of 'Carefree Beauty' rose. Heck, I even make an exception for these orange flowers.

'Sheffield' Korean mum with the last bloom of Clematis 'Rhapsody'

I don't think I'd like them quite as well without the blue of the Clematis, but that's just this year's garden serendipity.

Do you like the color orange more in fall?