African Garden + Weather

Too Much Christmas

I've always believed that one can be too rich or too thin. I've also come to realize that there is such a thing as too much Christmas. Three back-to-back days of feasting, drinking and opening presents is not a good thing. It's finally over, and I thought that life could start returning to normal. The weather had other ideas - today was anything but normal. In a dramatic change from the sub-zero F lows and tons of snow,

(photo taken Christmas Day in the Morning)
came the incredibly warm temperature of 58F, with drifting bands of fog, and pouring rain showers.

It made for a weird, eerie scene.

Everything was dripping.

For the first time in a week, I was able to get to the compost bin and to walk around in the garden.

I was amazed at how quickly the snow disappeared.

Most of the snow had melted by sunset. (Actually by the time it got dark, as it was too cloudy and rainy to see any sunset.) Tonight it will again be below freezing and there will be more snow soon. That's okay, I need to burn off some calories shoveling snow.