African Garden + gardening

See You at BuffaFling*!
Garden Bloggers Buffa10

I'm so excited about Buffa10, the garden bloggers' get together for this year. If you didn't make it to Austin or Chicago, please come to Buffalo, New York, July 8-11. (If you went to either of those, I'm preaching to the choir.) It's going to be great to visit, in person, some of those fabulous Buffalo Garden Walk gardens we've heard so much about. While visiting botanic gardens and public spaces is nice, there's something special about visiting a person's home garden, which is infused with the personality of the gardener. I can't wait to see the garden of Elizabeth Licata who is organizing this shindig with Jim of Art of Gardening. But even better than seeing gorgeous gardens is getting to meet and hang out with some of the nicest, most fun people you've always wanted to meet, garden bloggers. Don't worry that you don't know anyone, you will feel at home right away. Read this account of my experience of going to a city I'd never visited to an event with people I'd never met. I hope to see you there.
*I'm calling it BuffaFling because I can't call it Spring Fling, as it's being held in the middle of summer.