African Garden + love

Why Should Gardeners Read Garden Blogs?

I'm hoping you will help me answer this question, as I will be speaking on this topic at the Chicago Flower and Garden Show on March 7. (Linda from Garden Girl, Gina from My Skinny Garden, and Mr. Brown Thumb will be speaking about other aspects of blogging.) Hard as it may be to believe, my non-blogging gardening friends don't read garden blogs. Robin, of Bumblebee, in her Garden Examiner blog post about influential garden bloggers, quoted from some commenters about why they read certain blogs. I have several very good reasons why gardeners should be reading garden blogs, both local and national, but I want to have as many reasons as possible, with examples to back them up. I'd love to hear your thoughts. I write a post about it after the garden show.