African Garden + time

A Grand Day Out at the Chicago Botanic Garden Part I

Carl Linnaeus

Spring Fling's first official stop was the Chicago Botanic Gardens, located not in Chicago, but in beautiful Glencoe, Illinois, a North Shore suburb. It's nearly impossible to see the everything at the CBG in a day, and I didn't even try. I've been here many times before. I used to be a member when the kids were small and enjoyed a day out in the stroller here. So it was fun to experience it fresh with friends who were visiting it for the first time.

Frances, Gail, Shawna, Chris, and Monica wait for the tram tour to begin. One of my favorites places at the CBG may seem surprising: the vegetable garden. But the CBG elevates it to an art form.

It was funny how many of us bought a salad at lunch. I wonder why?

More from the CBG in the next post.
For Part I of Spring Fling, use google, Part III is here, Part IV is here, and Part V is here.