African Garden + wildflower

The People of Buffa10

Cindy ( From My Corner of Katy ) gardening in Buffalo in Gordon and Brian's Bird Avenue garden, while Kathy ( Cold Climate Gardening ) captures the moment.

While touring gardens is great, the real reason for going to Buffa10 was the people. I could have gone to Buffalo last weekend for Garden Walk if it was just about the gardens. No, I went to Buffalo to see old friends and meet some new ones. It was a delight to talk gardens, watering restrictions, families, and architecture with bloggers from across the country. I thought I was doing better at taking pictures of people, but I still didn't get a shot of everyone. (Mea culpa, to all I missed or of whom I didn't get a publishable shot.) I should have listened to my mother and taken a photo of all the tables when everyone was sitting down at lunch or dinner, but I was having too much fun. Next time, I promise!

Here are Kathy and Cindy in a more formal moment.

This shot of Kathy is very similar to one posted by Diana of Sharing Nature's Garden.

Old friends Frances ( Fairegarden ) center and Gail ( Clay and Limestone ) right, with new friend Cyndy ( Gardening Asylum ).

The Susans, fashionable in turquoise (the color of 2010) at the Shadracks' garden

Susan from New Jersey ( Miss Rumphius' Rules ), Susan from D.C. ( Sustainable Gardening and Garden Rant ), and Susan from Texas ( The Bike Garden )

I did manage a few group shots in the hotel lobby while we waited for the bus: Robin ( Bumblebee Blog ), Gail, Frances and Layanee ( Ledge and Gardens )

Leslie ( Growing a Garden in Davis ), Jean ( Dig, Grow, Compost, Blog ), Cindy and Annaliese ( Cobrahead )

Mary Ann ( Gardens of the Wild, Wild West ), Bonnie ( Vintage Garden Gal ), and Helen ( Gardening With Confidence )

Cyndy, Dee ( Red Dirt Ramblings ), Carol ( May Dreams Gardens ), Joseph ( Greensparrow Gardens ), and Jill ( Through the Looking Glass )

and one during happy hour.

Mary ( My Northern Garden ), Diana, and Kylee ( Our Little Acre )

I captured a couple of moments of sheer fun: Barbara ( bwisegardening )

Miriam ( Wildflower Farm ), Susan and co-host Elizabeth ( Gardening While Intoxicated and Garden Rant ) at the botanic garden

I'm sorry I didn't get a good shot of co-host Jim ( Art of Gardening ), but I did get one of his hot tub:

Bonnie, Pat ( Commonweeder ) and Michelle ( Garden Rant ).
While having a garden bloggers' get together come to your town is nice, it's better to travel to one, where you can share in the camaraderie and discussions at the hotel at breakfast and in the evenings. See you all next year!
* * * Next time on Mr. McGregor's Daughter: Introducing "The Bizarro Garden Awards"