African Garden + time

Picture This: Fall on a Flatbed
Anemone x hybrida 'Party Dress,' surrounded by leaves of Heuchera 'Citronelle,' blooms of Symphyotrichum novae-angliae, Diascia, and Callibrachoa, and leaves of Hosta 'June' and Oxalis

Gardening Gone Wild's Picture This photo contest this month is for scanned images of plants, as popularized by judge Craig Cramer of Ellis Hollow. While I love the look of scanned images, don't expect to see any more from me for a very long time (if ever). I'm too much of a perfectionist, and it was tedious and time consuming in the extreme to edit out all the pollen that ended up in the images from the flowers. I might scan leaves and other less messy things, but flowers are too much trouble. The ex-asters were the worst offenders.

Here are the other scans I made.

Fruits and vegetables are also less messy than flowers, so make acceptable subjects.

yellow and 'Chocolate Beauty' sweet peppers, with jalapeno peppers, asters and goldenrod