African Garden + store

They're Taking Over! A True Scary Story

I have something to show you. It's not for the squeamish or the faint of heart. It's just beyond this door.

It's a dirty little secret that I hide from the world, but I've decided I need to come clean about it.

It's my stash of empty garden pots. I haven't counted them. This isn't even all of them. They're multiplying at an astonishing rate. Every spring there are more of them, breeding like rabbits. It's out of control now. I've run out of room to store them. Pretty soon, they will be everywhere.
But there may be a happy ending for me. In August, at Midwest Groundcovers, I saw something that can save me from being overrun by pots. It's this lovely machine, which recycles plastic from garden pots.

While I can't take my pots to Midwest Groundcovers, I can take them to one of the local garden centers from which Midwest Groundcovers does take pots. All I have to do is remember to load them in the car next spring when I go plant shopping again.What do you do with your old garden pots?
Happy Halloween!