African Garden + things

This Was Supposed to Be a Thanksgiving Post...

but the grouping for the photo got ruined. I like to turn the Halloween jack o'lanterns around so that they just look like harvest pumpkins for Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, somebody had other ideas.

Here's the prime suspect:

Instead of dwelling on the injustice of squirrel depredations, I just added the pumpkins to the compost pile a little early. I guess I can't blame the little critters for trying to fatten up for the winter, even if the Squirrelhaven squirrels never have to worry about going hungry.
I feel a lot like the squirrels, enjoying the bounty of nature and never worrying about from where the next meal is coming. I try not to take such things for granted, knowing there are people around here who will be going hungry this winter. Before we dust off the Christmas decorations and hang up those lights, let's all take a moment to count our blessings and give thanks for them.
Happy Thanksgiving!