African Garden + winter

Postcard from Squirrelhaven*: First trip to the garden center of the season
the haul: Ranunculus, Osteospermum, pansies and violas

There's nothing quite like the smell of a garden center or nursery the first time one visits after a long winter. It's earthy and fresh and slightly sweet; it smells like spring. I usually make my first visit a bit earlier than the middle of April, but I made up for lost time. In addition to the plants for containers and for tucking in front of daffodils, I bought a ceramic container that is purportedly frost proof.

We shall see.

I almost forgot to mention that I went to the garden center looking for resin pots. It wasn't until after I got there that I realized it was a different garden center that had the ones I wanted. I'll be heading out to that one maybe today.

*This a quick post with photos taken from my phone.