African Garden + time

Is My Freudian Slip Showing?

Sometimes a crabapple is just a crabapple.

Do you ever find yourself typing "plant" instead of "plan," or "garden" instead of "gander"? Do your fingers type "trail" when you really meant to type "trial," or "field" instead of "filed"? These are the kind of mistakes that spell check doesn't catch, but they make me smile when I find them. They are the subconscious expression of the gardener, and they reflect that the gardener's mind is never far from the garden, even when thinking or writing about something else. Or maybe you don't believe that, but instead think it's just muscle memory of the fingers autonomously typing what they usually type because garden bloggers tend to type garden words more than others, but I don't think so. My mis-typings of "trial" and "filed" come from about 10 years before I began blogging, at a time when I was reading my way through the garden book collection of the Gail Borden Library in Elgin, Illinois, while writing for the appellate court. Or maybe I'm just slightly dyslexic. Have you made any garden Freudian slips?