African Garden + work

From the DAISNAID* file: Designing with Daffodils

It sounded like a good idea at the time: 'Pineapple Prince' daffodils behind the Hosta 'Maui Buttercups.' There was space waiting to be filled with spring interest, and the Hosta foliage would obscure the fading daffodils.

So I planted them there, in front of the south fence.
I had a major D'oh! moment while sitting on the swing one evening recently. I realized I had forgotten the tendency of the daffodil to exhibit phototropism. In other words, the blasted things would be facing the fence.

I think I'll switch these with the big yellow tulips in the raised bed. Tulips, fortunately, aren't so phototropic.
*DAISNAID = Do As I Say, Not As I Do
(I've been MIA online lately because of parenting demands. School projects, school shows, feising, and working in the garden have been keeping me very busy.)