African Garden + summer

Guest Rant - Why I Hate Hornets

The following is written by The Girl, a/k/a "Dawn," and represents solely her own views. Dawn will be entering 4th Grade this fall.
I hate hornets and yellow jackets because they're mean. I don't like them because they sting everyone for no reason. If they see you, they just want to sting you, so it's scary. I don't want to get stung, so when I see a big bug that looks like a hornet, I just stand still, because if you run away, they'll just chase you and sting you. If they see you, you have to hide behind a tree. Hornets ruin the summer because I want to be outside, and I can't be outside because I'll get stung.I hate wasps too, but not as much as hornets and yellow jackets. I hate them because they are annoying. I like them better than hornets because they don't sting you if they see you, you have to bother them. They're kind of like bees. I like bees because they don't want to sting you and you need them. Otherwise we couldn't have flowers, they wouldn't make honey, and we wouldn't be able to live.