African Garden + time

Why do I garden?

The short answer is: because I have to. I can't stop myself from gardening.

Here's the long answer (you knew I wouldn't be able to keep it short):
Gardening is an act of defiance against a mechanized world that increasingly disassociates itself from nature. It's about nurturing life, plant, animal and human. It's about trying to compensate for the damage inflicted on our fragile, precious planet.
It's emotional therapy. Just wandering in the garden raises my spirits and heals my soul.
It's a connection to God, through the beauty of creation.
I can't paint, draw or sculpt, except in plants. The garden is my sculpture in a fourth dimension: time.
It's an act of faith in the future. Anyone who plants a tree is an optimist.
But more than anything else, I garden for the anticipation. Looking forward to something is always better than the reality of having that thing. With gardening there is always something for which to look forward. That's reason enough to go on living, even when I get old and frail.

This question was posed by Stuart as part of a Blotanical challenge. use google

to visit Blotanical.