African Garden + Tulip Lydia

A Forced Bloom Day
Tulipa 'Lydia' 'Sineada Amor'

Just in time for Bloom Day (brought to you by Carol, of May Dreams Gardens), the tulips and crocuses I forced have opened.

Crocus vernus

I don't grow this type of crocus outside, preferring the earlier, smaller species of crocus. I just decided on a whim to put them in a container with the 'Lydia' tulips, which I prefer for forcing new to me 'Sineada Amor' tulips. By happy circumstance, they decided to bloom together.

I didn't know if they'd bloom at the same time, but somehow, all the stars aligned just right. Don't you love when that happens?
I don't know if my witch hazel (Hammamelis x intermedia 'Sunburst) is in bud or not. I can't get out there yet and it's too hard to see from the house. Even if it isn't already in bud, with daily highs above freezing, it will be very soon. Spring is on its way.

Also in bloom indoors is Oxalis triangularis and the plant formerly known as Coleus.